Core Analysis

Danny danny.milo at gmx.net
Tue Jun 17 19:47:14 CEST 2003

Hi!

Am Die, 2003-06-17 um 17.34 schrieb Craig A. Betts:
> edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> > El lun, 16-06-2003 a las 16:55, Craig A. Betts escribió:
> >

> >>Made the cahnge and it still crashes.  Here is the backtrace output:
> >

> > Apparently the value received from sizeof(caption) is not good
> > (n=2147483647). Please apply the attached patch which uses a different
> > approach and check. If it still crashes, then there must be a segment of
> > code which is wiping out the initialized values.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Edscott
>
> OK, that fixed it for Solaris.  Pretty slick plugin.  It makes more
> sense to me if it had a command for the on state and a seperate command
> for the off state.  This would allow me to use the two-state-launcher to
> track the state instead of my command.

uh? usually tracking the state by the trigger launcher itself isn't
enough... f. e. if the "service" started by the launcher  crashes,
"disconnects"(pppd), or just gets terminated by some script / command,
the state displayed in the launcher would be wrong...
Also, what about the status when you restarted the panel / X ?

I rather went with the approach for periodically checking the status
(every so-many seconds)...

There will be a small "tl service admin" window (callable from within
the trigger launcher properties) where one will be able to generate the
scripts the launcher expects for some common tasks and also to give the
3 commands and let it generate the script for you... but I'm still
working on that...

If you really want "the trigger" to remember the current situation, use
a small empty file somewhere in the filesystem / in your homedir...
generate it in the "tl script" when "starting", check its existance when
"checking", and remove it when "stopping" the "service"...

cheers,
  Danny