xffm and super_l

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Tue Jun 17 15:25:15 CEST 2003

El mar, 17-06-2003 a las 07:42, Bernhard Walle escribió:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 at 16:18 (-0500), edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> >
> > Your explanation makes perfect sense. So I go to test it... Yes, it
> > works. Both super_L and super_R give mod3.
> >
> > Now to commit to CVS, what would be a good key binding for the
> > increase/decrease iconsize?
>
> I personally suggest following: different keybindings for increasing and
> decreasing. I would like <modifier>++ and <modifier>+-, because it's

OK. I thought the same.

> logic. Another thing I would like is Ctrl+ mouse wheel (mouse button 4
> and 5) because it's implemented in lots of other applications.

But what should Ctrl+ mouse wheel do when enabled?

> I don't know how to implement the last thing in Gtk (I don't know
> anything about it), but it should be possible with binding a mouse event
> (button 4, 5 with ctrl modifier).

I haven't tried it but I think so too.

> > And BTW, now that we know how to use the super_L as a modifier, what
> > other keybinding with super_L would be useful?
>
> I don't think that super_l is very useful since many keyboards (e.g.
> laptops) have no windows keys.

That's why the bindings should be to the least important stuff. It's
just that if you do have the super_l key it's a terrible waste of
desktop space if not used. I think it would be good to bind all
shift+control+key to super_l+key as well, that way if you happen to have
the super_l, you do not have to press 3 keys simultaneously.

> > > Are you the developer of xffm?
> >
> > With a little help from my friends... :-)
>
> Very good filemanager!
>
> Let me mention another two things. One thing is I wrote in the xfce
> mailing list (not the developer one) but got no real reply. It is not
> possible to bind '.ps.gz' to a postscript viewer like gv. I would really
> like this because most Postscript viewers can handle them without using
> gzip manually. At least it should be done with editing the regarding file,
> but it doesn't work. :-(

I'll try to fix that bug today.

> And I saw that the German translation is incomplete. Because I'm a
> native German I think I can do that work if you and Benedikt (who
> translated the things that already are translated) don't object.
> But I would like to use real umlauts (not ae but ä) because it looks
> more professional. I know, I must save it as utf-8 ...

Please go ahead. The xffm po file is very large and I'm sure everybody
in .de will appreciate your contributions.

regards,

Edscott