xffm and super_l

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Jun 16 23:19:10 CEST 2003

El lun, 16-06-2003 a las 15:50, Bernhard Walle escribió:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 at 15:39 (-0500), edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> > > Hm, I don't unterstand what you mean. I just want that Super_L alone
> > > does noting, i. e.
> > >
> > >  line 508, 509  in treeview.c
> > >
> > > should be commented out (you'll maybe need another keybinding for this).
> > > Do you understand what I mean?
> >
> > I understand: the new keybinding should be (Super_L|Super_R &
> > other_key), to use Super_x as a modifier. But is that possible (to use
> > Super_L|Super_R as modifiers) in GTK? I don't know. If it is not
> > possible, the initial point makes no sense. If it is possible, then
> > let's change it. (How?)
>
> Super_L not directly, but it (normally) it is a modifier key: Mod3.
>
> [~] $ xmodmap
> xmodmap:  up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):
>
> shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
> lock        Caps_Lock (0x6f)
> control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x6d)
> mod1        Alt_L (0x40),  Alt_R (0x74)
> mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
> mod3        Super_L (0x73)
> mod4
> mod5        Multi_key (0x75)
>
> (Mod4 is normally Scroll_Lock but I don't use this.)
>
> So: Just change the line mentioned above to
>
>           case GDK_MOD3_MASK | GDK_A :
>
> to use Super_L+a (just a example).

Your explanation makes perfect sense. So I go to test it... Yes, it
works. Both super_L and super_R give mod3.

Now to commit to CVS, what would be a good key binding for the
increase/decrease iconsize?
And BTW, now that we know how to use the super_L as a modifier, what
other keybinding with super_L would be useful?

> Are you the developer of xffm?

With a little help from my friends... :-)

regards,

Edscott