Core Analysis

Juraj Ziegler e at hq.sk
Mon Jun 16 18:18:38 CEST 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 08:03:45AM -0700, Craig A. Betts wrote:
> Sorry I took so long with this.  I had to do a lot of RTFMing to figure
> out gdb.  Anyways, here are the results:
>
> <<==--  SNIP  --==>>
> /usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/2.2.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-wbmp.so
> #0  0xfe7b3144 in strlen () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
> (gdb)

It shows the libraries being used. Maybe not in this case (I haven't
followed it closely), but it is often good to do a backtrace. 'bt'
command in gdb. It shows the stack of functions that have been called at
the moment the core dump occured. Effectively, it shows in which
function the segmentation fault occured, the values of the functions
parametertes, etc.

[e]

>e at hq.sk<                   /(bb|[^b]{2})/                 >http://hq.sk/~euro<
        "always know what you say, but do not always say what you know"