XFce Release Team

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 16 15:23:26 CEST 2003

Le lundi 16 juin 2003 à 00:08, Benedikt Meurer a écrit:

> The Release Team would do the following things:
>
> 1) test the release for one or two days (compiling and running on
> various machines)
> 2) plan the announcements and prepare the announcement texts (and yes,
> we only want *one* freshmeat announcement)
> 3) making packages for various distributions (and notifying package
> maintainers, e.g. NetBSD, FreeBSD and Debian maintainers (Martin are
> you still with us?), of the new release)
> 4) send the release announcements and do advertising
> 5) enjoy with the rest of us and be proud to be part of such a great
> project :-)
>
> So, if thought of how to contribute to XFce without doing programming
> task, heres your chance ;-)

Hi.

As web site maintainer, I would be happy to take part in the game ;)

Since I already translate xfce.org in french, I can prepare the french
version of the announcement text.

I will have to collect all download urls for mirrors, contributed
packages and ports, and translations of annoucements for xfce.org
available languages.

And I already run XFce 4 for testing purpose !
Yes, really, it's true, believe me XD

Regards.
François
--