setting gettext domain

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Jun 15 09:16:46 CEST 2003

Hello,

In order to prevent such stupid bugs as the last one with Solaris, I
introduced a new macro (maybe its better to have this to be function,
we'll see) to libxfce4util/i18n.h:

	xfce_textdomain(package, localedir, encoding)

This function takes care of binding the package domain to the given
localedir and set the encoding to be used (if possible). We usually
use it like that:

	xfce_textdomain(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR, "UTF-8");

So please use this instead of doing the initialize yourself, so that
we only need to change libxfce4util when we encounter another
problem with gettext, and do not have to alter all modules.  I already
changed most modules to use this instead.

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/
pkgsrc "Work in progress":                  http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/