Possible Solaris Problems

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Jun 12 20:58:16 CEST 2003

On Thu, 12, Jun 2003, Craig A. Betts wrote:

Hello Craig,

>    The xfdesktop process is running (I get menus when clicking on the
>    background), but trying to select backdrop settings creates an error
>    dialog box with the following message:
>       Multi-Channel Manager Error:
>       No such plugin "backdrop"

Look at the error message xfce-mcs-manager outputs while trying to
load the backdrop plugin (btw. does the plugin exists? Look in
$prefix/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins for backdrop_settings.*).

Post this error message to the list, and we'll try to help you :)

> 2) Any changes made to xfwm settings are not saved.  My .xfce4 directory
>    only contains the following files:
>       * xfce4rc
>       * xfce4rc.bak
>       * xffm
>
>    I am assuming there should be an xfwm file for this.

Settings, that are under control of the MCS manager are stored in
~/.xfce4/settings/. Verify that this directory exists and is writeable.
If it is, look at the output of xfce-mcs-manager. If no useful
output is generated try to compile it using --enable-debug.

> Thanks again for all the help and effort.

Thank you very much for your bug reports.

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/
pkgsrc "Work in progress":                  http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/