xfce4-mixer make error

Danny danny.milo at gmx.net
Thu Jun 12 19:45:05 CEST 2003

Hi!

Am Don, 2003-06-12 um 20.08 schrieb Marc Hildebrand:
> Hi!
>
> I get this error:
>
> SetClientVersion: 0 7
> SetKbdSettings - type: 2 rate: 30 delay: 500 snumlk: 0
> SetKbdSettings - Succeeded
> ** Message: xfwm4: Session Manager wird nicht genutzt
> ** Message: xfdesktop: running without session manager
> ** Message: xfce4-panel: Running without session manager
> ** Message: xfce4-panel: module clock successfully loaded
> ** Message: xfce4-panel: module mailcheck successfully loaded
> ** Message: xfce4-panel: module switcher successfully loaded
> ** Message: xfce4-panel: module systembuttons successfully loaded
> ** Message: xfce4-panel: module pager successfully loaded
>
> ** (xfce4-panel:5978): WARNING **: xfce4-panel: module
> /usr/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins/libmixer.so cannot be opened
> (/usr/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins/libmixer.so: undefined symbol:
> mvisible_opts_fill)
> ** Message: xfce4-panel: module systray successfully loaded
> ** Message: xfce4-panel: module eyes successfully loaded
> ** Message: xfce4-panel: module tl successfully loaded
>
> waiting for X server to shut down The application 'xfce-mcs-manager'
> lost its connection to the display :0.0;
> most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
> the application.

> Any ideas?

Yes... seems that Makefile.in was outdated... (and the compilation thus
left files out)

There are two things you can do:
1) update from cvs

If it still doesn't work you can use ./autogen.sh instead of configure,
but please report that it didn't work with 1) then.

Also, please add "--enable-debug=full" to your configure/autogen.sh
options and see if it reports anything...

> Marc

Danny

btw:
Benny, which automake-related files do I have to commit when I add .c/.h
files to the module so that users don't have to run autogen.sh? (I
noticed "panel-plugin/Makefile.in" now, anything else?)