xffm-icons and automake??

Philip Dean pdengineer at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 12 03:32:58 CEST 2003

Benedikt,

I just downloaded from CVS the xffm-icons and tried again.  I had the exact same results.  It bombed out on the ./configure stating I was missing automake 1.7:

-----------------------------
config.status: creating pixmaps/xfce/Makefile
cd . && \
  /bin/sh /home/pddean/downloads/xfce4/xfce4-extras/xffm-icons/missing --run automake-1.7 --foreign  Makefile
/home/pddean/downloads/xfce4/xfce4-extras/xffm-icons/missing: line 46: automake-1.7: command not found
WARNING: `automake-1.7' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `Makefile.am', `acinclude.m4' or `configure.ac'.
         You might want to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.
         Grab them from any GNU archive site.
cd . && /bin/sh /home/pddean/downloads/xfce4/xfce4-extras/xffm-icons/missing --run autoconf
autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
make: *** [configure] Error 1
-----------------------------

I then tried ./autogen.sh and it went through fine but then make died on me:

-----------------------------
Now type `make' to compile.
[root at linxer xffm-icons]# make
cd . && \
  /bin/sh /home/pddean/downloads/xfce4/xfce4-extras/xffm-icons/missing --run automake-1.7 --foreign  Makefile
/home/pddean/downloads/xfce4/xfce4-extras/xffm-icons/missing: line 46: automake-1.7: command not found
WARNING: `automake-1.7' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `Makefile.am', `acinclude.m4' or `configure.ac'.
         You might want to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.
         Grab them from any GNU archive site.
cd . && /bin/sh /home/pddean/downloads/xfce4/xfce4-extras/xffm-icons/missing --run autoconf
autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
make: *** [configure] Error 1

I think I will grab v. 1.7 unless you think it should work with v. 1.4 and would prefer me not work around the problem.

Thanks for the help!

Philip Dean