Panel's keyboard focus

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Wed Jun 11 20:04:51 CEST 2003

-- Karsten Luetkewitz <phrep at plskthx.org> wrote
(on Wednesday, 11 June 2003, 07:16 PM +0200):
> Hi!
>
> Currently the panel can receive keyboard focus, which means that
> XFce-panel will always be one of the windows that are included in the
> list of cycleable (Alt-Tab) windows. That is IMHO a huge usability
> regression, I can't think of a sane reason to let the panel receive
> keyboard focus.

I can think of one immediately. I recently downloaded morphix, and the
version I burned had xfce4 on it for the desktop. Unfortunately, morphix
didn't find my USB mouse. Since I *could* cycle to the panel, it meant I
was able to open up a terminal and get my mouse working. I *LIKE* such
functionality.

By the way, gkrellm, even when in panel state, *also* gets focus; do you
find this to be a usability regression as well? ;-)

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew at weierophinney.net
http://matthew.weierophinney.net