xftaskbar4 seg faults

Danny danny.milo at gmx.net
Mon Jun 9 22:48:22 CEST 2003

Hi!

Am Mon, 2003-06-09 um 22.35 schrieb Net Llama!:
> Hello,
> First i want to commend all of the developers on an excellent Beta
> release.  Now, i need to ask for help about a problem i'm having.  I
> grabbed all of the official beta SRPMs and rebuilt them from source.
> Everything appears to work except for the taskbar which segfaults.  I'm
> not sure where to begin troubleshooting this, as there are no errors, it
> just fails to start, and if i try to start it manually, it fails with a
> 'Segmentation fault (core dumped)' error.

Humm... please start:
gdb xftaskbar4

then type run(enter), wait until it segfaults, type bt(enter) and give
us the output ;)

(if it complains about missing symbols and doesnt tell about functions'
names then you have to put --enable-debug=full in the spec file and
recompile... if thats the case, I'll tell details ^^)

> I was successful with the SRPMs on a different box.

weiiird...
Any obvious difference between the two boxes?