ROX AppDir wrapper for XFPrint4

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Sun Jun 8 06:38:12 CEST 2003

-- Chuck Mead <csm at MoonGroup.com> wrote
(on Sunday, 08 June 2003, 12:20 AM -0400):
> On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 22:50, Matthew Weier OPhinney wrote:
> > Don't know how many of you are using ROX with xfwm4, but if you are and
> > you want to use xfprint such that you get drag and drop similar to using
> > it with xffm, I've put together a very rudimentary AppDir. I'm attaching
> > the AppRun and AppInfo.xml documents (feel free to modify and use per
> > the GPL); I simply linked the appropriate print icon for the theme I'm
> > using to the AppDir's .DirIcon. Make sure to make the AppRun file
> > executable.
> >
> > If I get a chance in the next day or so, I'll package it up and throw it
> > on my website. Until then, enjoy.
>
> I am not using ROX but after trying everything to get xfprint4 to work I
> gave up and simply changed the command from xfprint4 to lpr $1

Hmmm... how were you sending files to xfprint4? My understanding, and
the way the AppDir I created works, is that it accepts filenames as
arguments, and then sends these to the printer.

The script I attached is idiomatic to ROX. However, it should probably
work with any DND launcher.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew at weierophinney.net