xfdesktop & ~/.xfce4/menu.xml entity

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sat Jun 7 18:56:37 CEST 2003

Hey Ilkka,

Yeah, I know. The problem is we use libxml to parse the file. Therefore,
xfdesktop knows nothing about menu2.xml and cannot test it for changes.

I would like to see the menu ported to glib based parsing, where we can
keep track of all included files. Then the syntax can be simplyfied as
well, to use <include></include> tags insted of entities. Would make
things easier for a menu editor as well ...

For now your 'touch' solution is the best I can think of.

	Jasper