xfce3rc -> xfce4rc conversion ?

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 05:48:25 CEST 2003

Hi all:

I... want to automate converting my XFce 3 panel info into XFce4 panel
info.

The xfce3rc file is structured and it should be a straight forward
transformation but I have been looking at doing it and the results are
less than satisfying.  Also, depressing, too 'cause it appears that
transformations from pre-XML fomatted documents into XML is not at all
trivial.
That other, proprietary OS, has several existing programs ranging from
<$70 to over $6000 USD.  One of them is the Softsilver Transformer.
" Softsilver Transformer is a Windows application written ...  to
define and execute transformations from text files or databases into
XML. "
( http://www.softsilver.com/st2.asp#tsta )

Does anyone know if there is an existing Linux & OSS counterpart( or
even a gtk-gui-less CLI version ) to that type of proprietary software?

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Mondale knew this was gonna be a bad day when he called
Dial-a-Prayer and the taped message answered him by name.
 -- Bob Hope, 1903-2003