Windows getting permanent sticky on top state

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 15:59:44 CEST 2003

--- Matthew Weier OPhinney <matthew-lists at weierophinney.net> wrote:
> -- Ric <fhj52ads at yahoo.com> wrote
> (on Wednesday, 30 July 2003, 12:17 AM -0700):
> >
> > --- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> > > Ric,
> > >
> > > The applications set the state "modal" on its dialog so xfwm4
> puts it on
> > > top of all others. I can change xfwm4 to keep modal dialogs at
> > > the same level as the others....

> > Galeon 1.2.5 has a similar problem: after using "fullscreen" and
> returning to
> > normal window size, that window is always on top for that workspace
> and no
> > other window on that workspace can be raised above it; any new
> windows open
> > below it.  The only way I have found to 'fix' it is to close and
> restart
> > galeon.  Since that is an old galeon, I have not reported it before
> as the
> > newer ones may not exhibit that behaviour.
>
> I'm using 1.3.5, a GTK2 version, and can confirm that the behaviour
> does *not* exist with that series. It may be something to do with how
GTK1
> is setting the modal state.

Thanks Matthew.
It's always good to know that the future will be brighter.:)
And soon too. About two weeks I think...

Did you happen to check if kpresenter "Configure" has the problem I
described?

> --
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney
> http://weierophinney.net/matthew/

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Mondale knew this was gonna be a bad day when he called Dial-a-Prayer and the taped message answered him by name.
 -- Bob Hope, 1903-2003