Windows getting permanent sticky on top state

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 05:15:17 CEST 2003

Hi all:

While testing XFce4 (cvs) here, I tried kpresenter(version 1.2) today to see
how fullscreen presentations would work with Xfce4.  I attempted to change the
default font  in the  " Settings/Configure KPresenter/Document/Document
defaults "  and the  "Select font - KPresenter"  window widget  *opened
underneath*  the "Configure KPresenter" window and was hidden from view.  It
could not be raised.

I checked some other aps and the  "Configure KPresenter"  window is always
permanently stuck on top on all workspaces.  No aps ever get raised or can be
raised above it.

I have had something similar to this with some other aps(i.p., Galeon 1.2.5)
in previous XFce4 but not in other DE's.  I thought that it might just be
gtk+-2.0.6 but I cannot get it to repeat anywhere but in XFce4. :(

ICYAW, yes, my 'Settings' demand auto focus new, and  raise on focus and even
click to raise but none of them work to raise any other window above the
window that got the sticky on top state.  Changing the settings and/or theme
does not help.

Will somebody else try and verify this?

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Mondale knew this was gonna be a bad day when he called Dial-a-Prayer and the taped message answered him by name.
 -- Bob Hope, 1903-2003