Bug in systray/xfce4-session

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 04:15:36 CEST 2003

--- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Sh..... still not fixed :(

sorry...:(

Olivier, I have Systemtray in the panel(latest cvs) and am running the latest
cvs for xfce4-session but there is no icon for systray in the panel.  It _is_
in the taskbar however ( the "show tray icon" is selected).
Is there supposed to be an icon for xfcesm in the panel systray too?
I have never had one (regardless of what icon theme is used).

However, I thought/think that is because the "notification" reqs are not met
on this system.  This is a MDK9 system with gtk+-2.0.6.

I also can insert or remove the systray from the panel *without any apparent
problems*.
IOW, i.e., maybe the problem you have is related to the 'notification
requirements software' that is needed for the systray to work as 'notification
area'.  ( I'm sorry, I do not recall what they are but you know... )

> On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 22:14, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> > Found out! Yeah :)
> >
> > Updating CVS now...
> >
> > Olivier.
> >
> > On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 20:43, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've been able to identify the problem in systray+xfce4-session
> > > (xfce4session dying as soon as the systray is removed from the panel).
> > >
> > > I suspect that "BadWindow" is caused by the icon being destroyed when
> > > the systray plugin is removed. That cause the xfce4-session to die and
> > > the user session as a whole.
> > >
> > > THe problem is that I don't know if it's a panel-systray plugin bug or a
> > > xfce4-session bug.
> > >
> > > If it's a systray-plugin bug, then it should be removed from the final
> > > release (or fixed)
> > >
> > > If it's a xfce4-session bug, then, well, it's not part of the released
> > > package yet, so it's a fairly low impact.
> > >
> > > Here come the log I've bee nable to gathered:
> > >
> > > TRACE[systray.c:208] cb_unrealize(): systray unrealized
> > > TRACE[systray.c:403] systray_free(): systray_free
> > > TRACE[systray.c:417] systray_free(): systray_free done
> > > The program 'xfce4-session' received an X Window System error.
> > > This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> > > The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
> > >   (Details: serial 2485 error_code 3 request_code 25 minor_code 0)
> > >   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
> > >    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
> > >    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
> > >    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
> > >    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> > > function.)
> > >
> > > ** (xfwm4:19994): WARNING **: ICE I/O Error
> > >
> > > ** (xfwm4:19994): WARNING **: Disconnected from session manager.
> > >
> > > ** (xftaskbar4:19996): WARNING **: ICE I/O Error
> > >
> > > ** (xftaskbar4:19996): WARNING **: Disconnected from session manager.
> > >
> > > ** (xfdesktop:19998): WARNING **: ICE I/O Error
> > >
> > > ** (xfdesktop:19998): WARNING **: Disconnected from session manager.
> > >
> > > ** (xfce4-panel:20000): WARNING **: ICE I/O Error
> > >
> > > ** (xfce4-panel:20000): WARNING **: Disconnected from session manager.
> > > ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 20002, errno = 0
> > > ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 20004, errno = 0
> --
> Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org
>
>    Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
>    http://www.xfce.org

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Mondale knew this was gonna be a bad day when he called Dial-a-Prayer and the taped message answered him by name.
 -- Bob Hope, 1903-2003