RC2: Gdk-CRITICAL error

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 26 23:18:32 CEST 2003

Hi Olivier,

Yes;  make  works and checkinstall worked to create an RPM and install xfwm4-1
on this MDK9 gtk+-2.0.6 system.
If you mean did I get  make rpm  to work, no - did not try anymore. I have not
looked for root cause yet; maybe later.
Since the xfwm4-1  created by checkinstall was slightly broken and I need the
g2 xfwm4 theme for testing a g2-ish UI theme I created, I reverted to the RC2
version of xfwm4.  I need to run with xfwm4-RC2 at least until such time as I
can find out why  make rpm  decided to quit working here for the new xfwm4-1.

Oh, BTW, the same  gps  related error _does_ show up in blackbox and kde, too
even though it is not in gnome2, icewm, xfce 3 or previous xfce4... i dunno,
like you suggested, maybe Felipe will know.
Thanks for at least looking at it and replying.

--- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Ric,
>
> BTW, did you manage to compile and install the preview xfwm4 version?
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.
>
> On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 00:44, Ric wrote:
> > --- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> > > Ric,
> > >
> > > the application causing this would help... Btw, if it doesn"t crash,
> > > it's not "critical"
> > >

> > Hey I did not write it - that's the .xsession-errors lingo(i.e., i agree
> with
> > you). :)
> >
> > Okay, sorry it took so long but I had to remove everything and one by one
> > insert...
> > The ap is  gps , the gnome process viewer.  It's a gtk1 ap and is started
> from
> > "Autostart".
> > I do not get that 'error' in either XFce 3.8 or IceWM or previous XFce4-
> only
> > in XFce4 RC2(i have not checked it in gnome2 yet, but will after this
> email).
> >
> > Olivier, I am not worried about it. I report it so that you all will know
> > about it just in case it is a hint as to what might be a bug.  If it is
> > unimportant at this time, ignore it and get some sleep.
> >
> > OTOH, If you want some more info, I'll oblige.
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Olivier.

> > > `src !=

> with
> > > and
> xfwm4-1
> but
> > > that
> with
> bug?

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free.