Configuration issues/ideas

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sat Jul 26 09:14:20 CEST 2003

On 26 Jul 2003 09:05:54 +0200
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> > Different backgrounds for different desktops can be done, but I'm
> > not sure how to present that in the GUI yet ...
>
> My main concern with that is the processing required to change
> backdrops...

Yes, indeed, mine too. The alternative I thought of is to have a
separate window for each desktop and hide the others appropriately, so
you don't have to recalculate the image every time you change desktops,
but that requires extra memory.

I can see the usability advantage of being able to mark a desktop with a
different background, though.

Anyway, these are certainly no definite plans, just some ideas.

	Jasper