split up xfce4-toys?

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 15:33:55 CEST 2003

--- Benedikt Meurer <Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 24, Jul 2003, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
> Jasper,
>
> > How about splitting up xfce4-toys, before the release. Easy to do and
> > bundling only xfce4-eyes and xfce4-tips doesn't make much sense.
>
> xfce4-toys is ment to include other toys in the future. So I vote for
> keeping the package. And besides that: We already have too many
> separate tarballs, so we should avoid splitting up more packages.

As you know, xfce-tips does not work unless fortune is installed.
So somebody needs to
(a) fix tips so that it works without  fortune , or
(b) add the  fortune  requirement to the package, which makes no sense for
xfce-eyes or other (future) toys, or
(c) remove it from the release until it is fixed to work without fortune.

I do not know of any other choices(there may be some but I do not know of
any).
XFce certainly does not want to release a package that has an item that does
not work.
If  xfce-toys  is split up, or, at least, xfce-tips is made a separate
package, one can add the  fortune  requirement without affecting the other
programs.

Something needs to be done for "tips" before the release...

> > Just a thought,
> > 	Jasper
>
> Benedikt
>
> --

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
The price of freedom is responsibility, but it's a bargain, because freedom is priceless.
~ Hugh Downs