dbh_1.0-15

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 11:36:37 CEST 2003

--- edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:
> El lun, 21-07-2003 a las 18:32, Ric escribió:
> > Hi Edscott:
> > --- edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:
> > > El lun, 21-07-2003 a las 15:29, Ric escribi:

> install
> sytems?
> spec
> name(the
> > > >

> > > I'm not sure whether Olivier's changes fixed this issue for Mandrake. If
> >
> > It was the  dbh  distributed in the xfce4 rc2-targz that has the problem.
> > Has there been another?
>
> Not yet.
>

> > > not, would adding " %define __libtoolize /bin/true " break anything?
> >
> > Basically, I do not know... sorry.  You need to ask someone (maybe
> Olivier?)
> > who understands the diffs between 1.4 & 1.5 better than I.  S!, man, I am
> >not a
> > "real" developer.  I've only written simple stuff and auto* have never
> > been needed.:)
> > Since, as I said, it appears that all of the correct files are in  .libs
> > before the
> > rpm installs to a temp dir which it uses to build the RPM , the correct
> > way to fix
> > it, I think, is in the autogen, configure, libtool,... scripts.  IOW,
> > there is already a
> > test for libtool availability - perhaps adjusting the test would work. (?)
> >
> > I think it boils down to not using it on systems with libtool <1.5, but h!
> > WDIK?,
> > maybe it is just MDK and the Hungarian distro (and possibly Conectiva,
> > too...).
> >
> > However, if you do go into those scripts, while in configure.in , you
> might
> > want to
> > change the last line:
> >
> > AC_MSG_RESULT(configure step complete: now do a "make" followed by a make
> > "install")

> > AC_MSG_RESULT(configure step complete: Now do a '' make '' followed by a
> ''
> > make install '' or, for RPMs, just do a '' make rpm ''.)
> >
> >  -  Your choice of course!(it's just a suggestion)
> >

> OK
>
> regards,
>
> Edscott

Just thought I'd let you know that Suse 8.2 is affected also.  Must be because
of the different libtool versions because the same trick (using true in place
of libtoolize) works in Suse 8.2 also.

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
The price of freedom is responsibility, but it's a bargain, because freedom is priceless.
~ Hugh Downs