Defaults

BluPhoenyx quazar at dcnet2000.com
Wed Jul 23 02:39:26 CEST 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:12:47 +0200 (CEST)
Koblinger Egmont <egmont at uhulinux.hu> wrote:

> The arrow next to mozilla offers dillo. I've tried this browser a
> few months ago, and even though it's fast and small, it mishandles
> all non-latin-1 charsets, at it's based on the old&shit gtk1.
> Shouldn't we offer gtk2 based browsers such as mozilla, galeon,
> epiphany? IMHO even'links -g' is far better than dillo.

It's a shame when someone berates someone else's work. Have you tried offering assistance to the authors? In spite of the complaints you have made, the browser is a very nice tool and works well for certain types of browsing functions. Yes, even with gtk1 which by the way is still a very useful gui tool.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to flame you for your comments but by disparaging Dillo you place yourself in the same group as the folks who spend all the time disparaging Windows.

Mike T.