panel oddities

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Jul 23 00:37:42 CEST 2003

Jasper,

The use of :

static void
xfce_menubutton_size_allocate_cb (GtkWidget * widget,
				  GtkAllocation * allocation,
				  XfceMenubutton * menubutton)

plugged into "size-allocate" event is causing the trouble because:

1) the icon is set to its original size, so the size is bigger
2) a size-allocate event is sent
3) the icon is scaled
4) the window shrinks as the icon shrinks
5) it looks ugly :(

Couldn't fix it yet... Jasper, if you have time tomorrow..., right now,
I'm just too tired.

I tried using

    widget_class->size_allocate = xfce_menubutton_size_allocate;

implementing the xfce_menubutton_size_allocate() fn like I did in
xfce_clock widget but that doesn't seem to work right with the
menubutton widget...

Cheers,
Olivier.

Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org