dbh_1.0-15

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 01:32:06 CEST 2003

Hi Edscott:
--- edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:
> El lun, 21-07-2003 a las 15:29, Ric escribió:
>

> > Edscott:
> >
> > Are you aware that the " make rpm " creates S/RPMs that will not install
> > dbh with the
> > proper name for libdbh ( -it's missing the "so"- ) on all Mandrake sytems?
> > ( and, i guess, any system that uses libtool < 1.5 )
> > MDK uses " %define __libtoolize /bin/true "  in the  %build  of the spec
> > to fix/work-around
> > it.  It effectively keeps the .so from getting stripped from the name(the
> > correct files are created during  make).
> >

> I'm not sure whether Olivier's changes fixed this issue for Mandrake. If

It was the  dbh  distributed in the xfce4 rc2-targz that has the problem.
Has there been another?

> not, would adding " %define __libtoolize /bin/true " break anything?

Basically, I do not know... sorry.  You need to ask someone (maybe Olivier?)
who understands the diffs between 1.4 & 1.5 better than I.  S!, man, I am not
"real" developer.  I've only written simple stuff and auto* have never been
needed.:)
Since, as I said, it appears that all of the correct files are in  .libs
before the
rpm installs to a temp dir which it uses to build the RPM , the correct way to
fix
it, I think, is in the autogen, configure, libtool,... scripts.  IOW, there is
already a
test for libtool availability - perhaps adjusting the test would work. (?)

I think it boils down to not using it on systems with libtool <1.5, but h!
WDIK?,
maybe it is just MDK and the Hungarian distro (and possibly Conectiva,
too...).

However, if you do go into those scripts, while in configure.in , you might
want to
change the last line:

AC_MSG_RESULT(configure step complete: now do a "make" followed by a make
"install")

AC_MSG_RESULT(configure step complete: Now do a '' make '' followed by a ''
make install '' or, for RPMs, just do a '' make rpm ''.)

 -  Your choice of course!(it's just a suggestion)

> regards,
>
> Edscott

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
The price of freedom is responsibility, but it's a bargain, because freedom is priceless.
~ Hugh Downs