Xfce4 rc2 is out

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Mon Jul 21 00:41:39 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 16:14, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Is gcc 3.3 serie considered stable yet?
>
> As for "Severn" I wish I know what this could be...

Whoops, sorry.  It's the next beta from Red Hat.  It showed up recently
as an unreadable beta directory in the mirrors.  So, I'm guessing we'll
see RH 9.0.99.1 soon (or maybe 9.99.1 if they are going to RH 10 next).

As for GCC 3.3, I'm guessing they have to use it for a couple reasons.
First, Rawhide has been rebuilt using 3.3, and that is a bit of trouble
to do.  Of course, that could be only for the Raw Hide 1.0 distro coming
August 14 (later than I thought, sorry).  Maybe 3.2 will be used for the
stable distros.

Second, I think Opteron is compilable (real word?) only with 3.3 and
since x86_64 showed up in Rawhide, I figure they must have some people
asking for it.  I really, really, *really* wish I could tell you how
Xfce4 runs on Opteron (guess: fast), but no one will sell me a system
for the $100 or so I could afford.

Matt
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good