bug in xfce4-panel info button

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 00:36:23 CEST 2003

hola:

--- Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 03:24:54 -0700 (PDT), Ric wrote:
> >I had a couple of problems like this recently, this morning, a couple
> >of hours ago and it is because of the theme I was trying to use.  One
> >
> ><SNIP>
>
> Yes!, is a theme problem, i have create a new clean user in my system,

Themes do usually change fonts so Jasper is probably correct.
Jasper should know - he wrote the XFce v4 API...

> next startx, go to info , and no problem OK, now go to setup -> user
> interface, and change to another theme than default, and about box
> crash.
>
> different themes causes randomly messages, such as (this is with

Different themes have different fonts and widgets defined so the
messages should be different

> redmondxp)

Did you mean "Redmondxp" ?

The "Redmondxp" theme is not the same as the "redmondxp" theme.

Is  gtk-engines2-2.x   installed?

Do you have the most recent  gtk-xfce-engine  package installed?

> (xfce4-about:20564): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1319
> (g_obje ct_ref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
>
> and many more lines...
>
> (xfce4-about:20564): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkstyle.c: line 1501
> (gtk_style_set_ background): assertion `GTK_IS_STYLE (style)' failed
>
> and many more lines.
>
> this only happens with xfce4-about, another programs do
> not have none problem (xffm, xfprint).

This only means you have not yet found another program that does the same
thing. :)
If you have "Web Downloader for X" (binary is " nt "), try it (from console)
and see if it
runs/what message is created.  I had trouble with it once due to a ' font '
problem ...

> I also suspect that it is a problem of syntax in the themes.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> now go to sleep..goodnight!
>
> (sorry my english)
>
> --
> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
> http://www.vmlinuz.com.ar http://www.djgera.com.ar

Slackware 9?  with modifications -updates?

Is  fontconfig  installed?

adiós

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
Do not take yourself too seriously.  Nobody else does. ;)