Always-on-top Panel

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 07:32:06 CEST 2003

Hey botsie:
--- Biju Chacko <biju_chacko at vsnl.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:44:39 -0700 (PDT), Serban Giuroiu wrote:
>
> > A useful feature to have for the panel would be for it
> > to be able to stay on top of all the other windows all
> > the time. Also, it should be able to stand aside from
> > other windows so when you maximize a window it doesn't
> > overlap with the panel.
>
> 1. Panel Settings -> Panel Layer
>
> 2. Settings Manager -> Margins
>
> -- b
>
> PS: We need to make margins easier to use. 'Something like 'Click to
> select Margin Position'.

I think it is easy to access now.  But using it is still a guess as to what is
the right number to choose.   The word "pixels" above the dialog widgets might
help a bit.  Those numbers are for pixels, right? :)
What would be really nice is that if the static monitor display with lines in
it that do not move was an display of the current workspace plus lines that
actually moved.  The formar could be done with a reduced snapshot but I dunno
about how to move the lines in sync with the desktop margin settings. That c/b
a little tricky to get accurate.
-or if when selecting the "Margins" widget, dashed lines could be drawn on the
screen to mimic the behavor and set the margins.

I tried setting the margins to keep the panel exposed but gave up after a few
tries of too small and too big.  I have part of the panel exposed all the time
- enuf anyway.

> -- b
>
> --
> Biju 'botsie' Chacko                        biju_chacko at vsnl dot net
> http://www.symonds.net/~botsie          Public Key available on request

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
Do not take yourself too seriously.  Nobody else does. ;)