Xfce-funklor ->xfwm crash

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 22:26:08 CEST 2003

Olivier:

Thanks.
However, no end user is going to know that. I didn't know where Xfce-funklor
originated(until now) . It is in the Settings Mangler/UI  list and therefore
should just work.  If there are incompatible themes, they should not be in the
list that is produced by Settings Manager/User Interface, IMHO. Perhaps a
little more control on what gets placed in that list is warranted ?

--- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Ric,
>
> Xfce-funklor is not compatible with latest xfce engine and may crash GTK
> apps.
>
> Just use the xfce themes that ship with the version of gtk-xfce-engine
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.
>
> On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 21:40, Ric wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I experienced another problem with Xfce-funklor previously too but it
> seemed
> > to be random and not always repeatable so no report but it just screwed
> the
> > system again with RC1:
> >
> > I was clicking on different User Interface selections to find one that
> might
> > be similar to the Bluex from XFce v3(no luck there) and when I clicked on
> > xfce-funklor I lost all window decorations and mouse buttons.  I had
> clicked
> > on/changed about 10 themes before I got to Xfce-funklor.  Also, I noticed
> that
> > part of gkrellm was showing on that workspace which it should not have
> been.
> > All the other open X processes might have been there too but were obscured
> by
> > galeon windows.
> > The only way out of that situation was the three fingered kill of X.
> >
> > Previously, in Beta 2:
> >  -clicked on theme XFce-funklor and the Settings Manager died and would
> not
> > restart by clicking on panel icon. I checked the running processes and
> (xf)
> > panel, desktop, wm, taskbar (and xscreensaver) were all apparently running
> > normally. That was semi-repeatable.
> >
> > I do not know if it would have worked but it would have been nice if I
> could
> > have just restarted  xfwm4.  Is there a way to set & do that from the
> > keyboard?
> >

> > =====
> > Have A Great Day!
> >
> > Ric
> > ***
> > Thought for today:
> > Do not take yourself too seriously.  Nobody else does. ;)

> --
> Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org
>
>    Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
>    http://www.xfce.org

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric