Xfce-funklor ->xfwm crash

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 21:40:05 CEST 2003

Hi:

I experienced another problem with Xfce-funklor previously too but it seemed
to be random and not always repeatable so no report but it just screwed the
system again with RC1:

I was clicking on different User Interface selections to find one that might
be similar to the Bluex from XFce v3(no luck there) and when I clicked on
xfce-funklor I lost all window decorations and mouse buttons.  I had clicked
on/changed about 10 themes before I got to Xfce-funklor.  Also, I noticed that
part of gkrellm was showing on that workspace which it should not have been.
All the other open X processes might have been there too but were obscured by
galeon windows.
The only way out of that situation was the three fingered kill of X.

Previously, in Beta 2:
 -clicked on theme XFce-funklor and the Settings Manager died and would not
restart by clicking on panel icon. I checked the running processes and (xf)
panel, desktop, wm, taskbar (and xscreensaver) were all apparently running
normally. That was semi-repeatable.

I do not know if it would have worked but it would have been nice if I could
have just restarted  xfwm4.  Is there a way to set & do that from the
keyboard?

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
Do not take yourself too seriously.  Nobody else does. ;)