window decoration problem

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 20:11:43 CEST 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 at 16:04 (+0200), Bernhard Walle wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 at 15:20 (+0200), Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> > On Fri, 18, Jul 2003, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> >
> > > following problem: http://www.bwalle.de/temp/xfprint.png . I get this if
> > > I start the print manager, then File->Add printer and then clicking on
> > > the `main window'.
> >
> > Hm, works fine here. Don't know what could be wrong over there.
>
> It's reproducable here. Maybe it's fixed in CVS, I wait until rc2 and if
> the problem persists I'll remind you.

There's the same effect if I try to minimize the "Neuen Drucker
hinzufügen" window. Could you try out this?

> > > BTW:  @Benny: Shouldn't the "add dialog" displayed centered since the
> > >       main window is not usable for this time.
> >
> > It is a usual modal dialog, and its up to the window manager to place
> > it IMHO.
>
> Other applications place such (small) dialogs in the center of the
> application or under the mouse. Even xffm does so.

If I try to minimize the main window, the dialog doesn't minimize as in
other applications. That's strange, too.

Could it be that you just forgot the a gtk_dialog_set_transient_for()
call?

Regards,
Bernhard