xffm: default name for new dirs

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Fri Jul 18 18:25:55 CEST 2003

Sorry if you get this twice, I'm resending (evolution 1.4 seems to be a bit buggy)

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 09:33, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 at 09:21 (-0500), edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 03:59, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> > >
> > > if I want to make a new directory in xffm I have to delete first the
> > > default name "Neu-0" and enter a new name. Ctrl-u does not work and
> > > pre-selection is no good solution, we had this in a previous discussion.
> >
> > Preselection is gone. And, as in mozilla, it's done with Ctrl-backspace.
> > Ctrl-u is reserved for unselect, as specified in the docs, which reminds
> > me, Ctrl-backspace is not in the docs or tips. I hope somebody can put
> > it in. I'm sorry I don't have time right now.
>
> Ctrl-backspace in xffm does only remove the the last word and not the
> whole line, so to delete New-0 I have to hit it two times. So you may
> change this.

I cannot reproduce that. In my box it deletes the whole line. AFAICT,
that's what the code in input.c says:
 if (event->keyval == GDK_BackSpace) {
	if (event->state&GDK_CONTROL_MASK){
	    gtk_editable_delete_text (editable,0,-1);
	    return TRUE;
	}
 }

Anyways, the preselect issue has been modified at CVS: the following
commands with input *will* initially preselect (so that typing anything
will erase):
- new
- symlink
- run (all variants)

The following will *not* preselect (X clipboard may be needed):
- goto
- rename
- duplicate
- scramble
- unscramble
- output directory (as for tar.gz creation/extraction)

Regards,

Edscott