un-minimize behaviour

Jan Eidtmann cmak at firemail.de
Fri Jul 18 17:59:28 CEST 2003

On Friday 18 July 2003 15:48, Biju Chacko wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:35:49 +0200, Jan Eidtmann wrote:
> > when i minimize a shaded window and then un-minimze it, it should
> > be un-shaded too IMO.
>
> why? thats not very logical! If I shade something I expect to *stay*
> shaded until I tell it to unshade.
>
> -- b

not true, when i click the minimized app in the taskbar its most likely
that i want to do something with that window. now i have to click the
taskbar and the unshade shortcut/button/windowbar too.

to me its a more logic behavior to automatically unshade the window. it
makes no sense to shade and minimize a window anyway. IMO an shaded and
then minimized window is a minimized window only. bacause minimizing
and shading is basically the same thing to me, as it "unclutters" the
workspace... what do you think?
--
JanE. - kisa is an active little girl

# Linux 2.4.22-pre3-pom