xffm: default name for new dirs

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 10:59:46 CEST 2003

Hello,

if I want to make a new directory in xffm I have to delete first the
default name "Neu-0" and enter a new name. Ctrl-u does not work and
pre-selection is no good solution, we had this in a previous discussion.

But why this default name. Nobody names a new directory "Neu-0" so you
have to delete this *every* time. This makes no sense in my opinion. Why
not just a empty text field in which the user can insert the name he
wants. This would be the most user-friendly solution in my opinion.

If the user enters nothing, then just nothing is created (at the moment
xffm wants to delete something, this is a *bug* in my opinion). What do
the others think?

Regards,
Bernhard