XFce's way

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Fri Jul 18 05:07:52 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 17:56, Daniel Ciaglia wrote:
> Hi,
> on Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:09:42 -0700 (PDT), Ric <fhj52ads at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> [ outdated PC-Specs of Olivier ]
>
> [ Quote of XFCE definition ]
>
> > What is the target configuration?
>
> Well, after all this _my one is bigger than yours_ here're some other
> ones:
>
> Main: AMD Athlon @ 500MHz
> Mobile: Intel Pentium I @ 166 MHz running XFCE4 ;-)

As for me, I've got it running on a Dual PIII 550 (which was starting to
drag with GNOME 2.2) and a PIII 933--all of 'em Slot 1!.

I haven't yet tried to put it on my XP1000 (does GTK2 + Xfce4 work on an
Alpha?).

Matt

My dream would be to put it on something like the head node of a cluster
I have access to.  Mmm...dual Xeon 2.4, 4 GB of RAM.  Of course, even
KDE might, *might* run well on that.
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good