XFce's way

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Thu Jul 17 12:48:16 CEST 2003

Hello,

encouraged by prophet at the IRC channel I'ld like to have some opinion
about the following:

I've been wondering lately, do we really keep focus on the basic
outlines of this project? To be leightweight and fast while providing
the best and most usable desktop environment in the world?

.. as for me, I saw all the latest requests like"Themable clock"
(OMG! How useless IMHO!) or MacOS features like raizing icons for the
panel (You're not ment to play with the panel but start applications
from it just to leave it in the backround afterwards).

Don't you think we will be reaching gnome by some time? At least
we've got almost half of the amount of packages as gnome has already.
My worst fears are not to be mentioned .. lets all hope they won't turn
into reality.

Bye,

Moritz

PS:

<botsie> Olivier is pretty sane about these things
... he keep the bloat out.

<Moe> botsie: Yeah .. thats actually why I'm able to sleep on and on
every night, because of knowing that Olivier is our fearless "Dictator"
;o)

;-)