[OT]Re: Weird in RC1

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 23:16:15 CEST 2003

--- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Rix,
>
> I really use the defaults in NEdit. The C syntax hilighting works
> perfectly. I can send you whatever you want, but that's actually what
> ships with NEdit...

Thanks anyway. The defaults are okay but not XEmacs-like enuf.  Since I use
both editors, I want them to be at least similar; it's confusing to see
'static'  blue in one and plain/other in the other, etc...

> Cheers,
> Olivier.
>

> On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 22:06, Ric wrote:
> > Hey Olivier:
> >
> > nedit is my favorite text editor of all time, although X/Emacs is a close
> > second. The nedit really makes a lot of things easier for me.  Some years
> back
> > I made a huge effort to get "Highlight syntax" for  c  code in a format
> > similar to what XEmacs does when it displays functions, identities, etc.
> but I
> > extended it (quite) a bit.   I know some people hate that 'christmas tree'
> > appearance but it helps me more than hurts me.  The problem is that I
> never
> > could work out the regex for a couple of things(it was taking too much
> > time...) embedded into the functions. ...
> > I was wondering if you use the "Highlight syntax" function in nedit for
> the  c
> >  language et al and if you would be willing to share the
> > nedit.highlightPatterns: C
> > that is in the ~/.nedit  file?  Applicable macros in
> > nedit.macroCommands:
> > would be really nice too. :)))
> >
> > just asking; hope that is not too 'personel'.
> >
> > rj
> > --- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It's a known bug on Red Hat (and possibly others) that is referenced on
> > > nedit.org.
> > >
> > > Unrelated to xfce (I suffer the same problem as nedit is my favorite
> > > text editor, a lame...)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Olivier.

> > > --
> > > Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
> > > http://www.xfce.org

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
Do not take yourself too seriously.  Nobody else does. ;)