An understanding of options

prophet prophet at sphere-x.net
Tue Jul 15 21:55:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

So, I have noticed that there certain things that would be nice if they
had on option to allow the user certian configurations, however, they
always seemed to be denied when asked. I understand that having to many
options can be a real pain in @$$, but somethings just need to have
them.  I love xfce so far.. but giving the user some control/options to
set it his/her way would be very nice.  :-)

For example, the menus on the desktop.  It would be extremely nice to
select which mouse button brings up what window.
Reason being is coming from so many other WM's I feel it is very
natural to have my desktop menu on the right mouse button, the middle
for my workspace tasklist and my left button does nothing.  I have
noticed that many users have come in and asked how this can be changed
many times and feel this should be a necessity to xfce.

Having a pause on when showing the hidden taskbar instead of it being
so immediate.  I like having it at the top hidden till I need it, but
evertime I go to close a window or go the apps menu I get to close and
it pops up right away on top of my windows and its annoying as heck.

I can also think of a few other options.. like having the users default
text editor open up your xfdesktop's menu, or setting of the xfwm's
default keys (or making of a new one) instead of searching thru one's
file system to do it, and etc.

I hope I didn't stir up any bad vibes.. I know that certian things can
be a touchy subject.. I'm just curious.. (I know it killed the cat)  :)

Thanks,
Prophet