Goof up of my own probably.

Jonathan gardnerj at provide.net
Tue Jul 15 02:57:07 CEST 2003

I downloaded and installed all the rpms from rc1 and the gtk-2.2.2 with the shadow thing etc.
I installed it over a beta2 that I compiled and installed myself with the "./configure --prefix=/usr" "make" "make install" process. Now since it was installed with prefix /usr the rpms should have installed right over that should they not?
Anyway after I installed the rpms all that would start basically was xfdesktop4. I had an image and I had a menu that would give me a terminal or xffm or launch etc. but I couldn't type anything. I couldn't type into anything even if I got it started with xffm. I'm terribly sorry I don't have exact mesages to give you, but this got it working for me. I went back to my beta2 folder and reinstalled xfwm4. So what I've got is rpms from rc1 running with xfwm4 from beta2 and THIS works.
Probably doesn't make any sense without better documentation, but just in the off chance that this symptom means anything to someone, I'm sending this horribly vague bug report.

Jonathan