FAT tarball

Brad Cowan bcowan at gentoo.org
Mon Jul 14 16:44:18 CEST 2003

On 14 Jul 2003 09:52:32 +0200
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> Brad,
>
> Don't change anything to your ebuilds! The "fat" tarballs are just a
> convenient method for me to deal with SF.net way of managing files.
>
> Each tarball contains the inividual packages. Mirror are providing
> inividial packages as well.

Hi,

  Thanks for the reply. I'm still going to have to change my ebuilds to
use another src which is no big deal. I understand using SF is a major
pain with putting all the tarballs up, was just nice that portage has a
mirror function with the entire list of SF mirrors to pull from ie... I
just used mirror://sourceforge/xfce/${P} to pull from a very large batch
of mirrors. If bandwidth isn't a problem for your mirrors I'll go ahead
and use a couple of those, but it may put a big strain on just those few
servers, if you think it may be a problem I'll go ahead and push out
each individual package to gentoo's mirrors. If I use your mirrors,
which would you suggest are the best in terms of availability
and bandwidth?

Thanks again,

--
Brad Cowan <bcowan at gentoo.org>
Developer,

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB1F16A56
Key fingerprint = C408 75B9 E68D 26E2 EAAE  20CF 4D5E 293D B1F1 6A56