Xfcalendar System tray

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 23:20:55 CEST 2003

Hi Mickael:

I really like the pics I have seen of XFcalendar.  Nice work!

Obviously, I have not used it yet - prbly today/morrow when I get the
newest CVS - but i think the idea about hooking into the clock's time
display on the panel is a good one too.  XFce(3) panel clock works that
way because it runs xfclock when it receives a double click, which,
BTW, runs in XFce4, albeit without the nice new GTK+2 widgets.
I suppose you and Jasper need to converse about that...

-just 0.02$USD more...

Oh, BTW, are you creating a xfcalendar.spec.in  file (for make rpm
RPMs) XFcalendar yet?

--- Mickael Graf <mgf at bredband.net> wrote:
> Hi Prophet
>
> prophet wrote:
> > Hi Mickael,
> >
> > So far I think XFcalendar is very nice and is going to be very
> handy.
> Thanks :-)
>
> > However, I only have one thing that I think IMHO a better idea then
>
> > having the system tray icon.  I would think it more natural and
> proper
> > to be part of the xfce clock panel plugin.  You click on the clock
> and
> > it brings up the xfcalendar instead.
> I was thinking to give the user the choice of  using systray icon
> (and
> other features) from a configuration panel. And maybe build a plug-in
>
> which displays the date in the panel. BUT the clock provides already
> the
> date. That's a discussion the clock maintainer (Jasper ?) should
> think
> of too.
>

> > Just thinking that it would be better, and eliminates the use of
> icons
> > in the system tray.   One thing I hated windows for was all the
> *$!-#$@
> > systray icons and how long they take to load...lol.
> Well, I have dual-boot here (my wife hasn't switch yet) and yes, it
> takes time to load mozilla, openoffice etc...
> >
> > Anyways, just my .02 cents.
> Thanks, it's always welcome!
>
> Cheers
> Mickaël