Possible panel tweaks (Was: Re: Random thoughts about release)

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 22:45:34 CEST 2003

Jasper:

It's kinda odd. Criticism, constructive or otherwise, is hard to take
and the odd part is that, for people who care, delivering it is quite
difficult also.    It is particularly difficult when doing so to people
who are providing their labor/products to others for free.

The preface to the message is sincere, as it is and without any
paraphrasing.

I was responding to a reply to your message in the hopes that I could
clear up any doubts about whether tooltips is a necessary function on
the desktop.  In addition, thinking that you might read the message
too, I tried to emphatically point out that there is already plenty to
be done if one just looks for it.  Hence the part that started with
"Jasper,".
It worked. Unfortunately you received an unintended message that you
are somehow personally responsible for making my life easier which you
are, of course, not.  In the interest of brevity, I made the statements
very blunt - obviously a bad choice; no offense, personal or
professional was intended.

The items are mentioned at this (late) time simply because I did not
get to use beta1 very much due to a problem I had to track
down(fontconfig) and, believe it or not, do try to verify the
aberrations are genuine. So it takes some time to get to the dev list.
When, or if, I can suggest _and_ provide a patch, I will.  Ditto the
last statement for new contributions: when/if - there is still much to
learn.

As far as the suggested items go, they remain the same.  Y'all can do
whatever you want 'cause, after all, it is your code for your DE. I am
just a long time XFce user trying to help point out some things that
those who are initmately involved with the code on a daily basis might
not see or, if they do, think that they are not useful and will not
include them or will remove them.

The original message from you did not say that "Revert" was causing too
much trouble for y'all compared to the benefits it provides.(No, of
course,  you are not required to explain your motivations to me.)  If
that had been in there, I probably would have suggested that it is a
very nice user function and to please keep it if possible.  I may have
also stated that waiting until 4.0.0 was out and getting feedback about
it before removing it would be a good idea.   It seems to work just
fine here and others, the end users, may actually like it so much that
the hassle it causes in modifying the code is worth it or something
else just like it.

However, like I said -it is your code...

> --- Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> > On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:22:50 -0700 (PDT)
> > Ric <fhj52ads at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi:
> >
> > I'd like to preface this(in retrospect) with I luv what
> > has been done so far with XFce. Y'all are great.
> >

>  <SNIP>
>

> I'm sorry I got annoyed, it's probably just me.

> Thanks for the input,

> 	Jasper

Yes;  take a chill pill:

A couple was sitting in church,
the man was sleeping and his wife was knitting.
The priest asked: "Who created the Earth and man?"
The woman poked the man with her knitting needle,
and the man screamed, "GOD!"

The Priest looked at him and said, "That's right."
Then he asked "Who is God's son?"
Once more the woman poked her husband with the needle,
he woke up and screamed, "Jesus Christ!"

Again, the priest said, "Correct."
Finally, the priest asked, "What did Eve say to Adam,
when she didn't want any more children?"
The knitter poked her husband again,
but this time he got up and screamed:
"Poke me with that thing one more time and I'm going to rip it off!"

The priest smiled and said, "That's right."

REF:  http://newfunnies.com/fun/right/index.php
****

=====
Have A Great Day!