menumaker supports xfce4

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Wed Jul 9 18:59:53 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 05:18, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> > http://menumaker.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > menumaker generates menus also for xfce4 now. seems to work guite
> > nicely.(those active menus are nice :)
>
> Excellent! It seems to work really well.

	I was trying to get this setup to include the menu generated by
menumaker into the xfdesktop4 menu.  The ~/.xfce4/menu.xml has an
example built-in for a menu2 entity but I seem to be missing something.
Here's what I did and what happens...

I ran menumaker and wrote out to a file menu2.xml then made sure it was
in the ~/.xfce4 directory.  I then uncommented the line in the menu.xml
file that has the -

&menu2;

When I do this, however, a left click on the desktop brings up a one
pixel dot instead of the actual menu(s).  Re-commenting the above line
brings the menu back.  Is there something else that needs to be done to
get secondary files included as menu items?

	This is on Beta2 with menumaker 0.11.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.