Panel plugin API change

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Jul 9 10:53:09 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I just finished updating CVS with a rather large internal change. This
also affects the plugin API.

Only plugins that provide options are affected by the change. But, _all_
plugins need to be recompiled against the new panel headers. Even if the
plugin has no options.

I removed the revert functionality from the panel item dialogs. This
means that if your plugin provides options it will need to be updated to
use the new API. There is exactly one API change. The prototype for
adding options to the dialog has changed to:

  void (*add_options) (Control * control, GtkContainer * container,
                       GtkWidget * done);

As a consequence all actions related to the revert button need to be
removed from the plugin. This should actually make things quite a bit
simpler in most cases.

I have already updated the affected plugins in our CVS. Updated tarballs
are available here:

http://members.home.nl/xfce4/files/xfce4-panel-3.91.2.tar.gz

http://members.home.nl/xfce4/files/xfce4-mixer-0.2.tar.gz

http://members.home.nl/xfce4/files/xfce4-trigger-launcher-0.2.tar.gz

Remember to recompile all other plugins as well, or they will not be
loaded.

Please let me know if it breaks anything,

	Jasper