Possible panel tweaks (Was: Re: Random thoughts about release)

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Tue Jul 8 16:48:01 CEST 2003

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:17:08 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 19:33:00 +0530
> Biju Chacko <biju_chacko at vsnl.net> wrote:
>

> > No.
> >
> > No changes (even minor ones) until after 4.0 release, IMO.
> >

> hehe, yeah, that was also implicitly part of the question. Good
> answer. So, let's release.

*Any* change, whether it is a bugfix or a tweak, or even a correction of
a typo invalidates an RC. We would have to go thru an RC2 cycle. So lets
be patient and wait another 10 days before introducung anything new.

That means all the items in the 4.0 TODO list need to be completed
before RC1.

> > But yes, the tweaks make sense. Not the timing however.
> >

> That was my "let's get the best possible release out" personality
> speaking up. Some of my other selfs keep calling me back, saying "any
> change will hold back a release".
>
> These questions are all part of my public psychiatric therapy ;-)

Hehe. I always suspected you were crazy, now I'm sure.