system-load-plugin-0.1.0

Juraj Ziegler e at hq.sk
Wed Jul 9 00:16:43 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 06:05:00PM +0200, Riccardo Persichetti wrote:
> Hello list,
>
>   I'd like to announce initial release of system-load-plugin.
> As the name implies, it's an xfce4 plugin that monitors the
> current system load.
> At the moment it needs the "/proc/stat" file in order to work,
> so systems lacking this file won't work.
> A quite recent xfce4 version is needed, beta1 should be enough.
>
> It's my first xfce4 panel plugin (i hope i can make some others in
> the near future), I've tested it for quite some time now, but it's
> not bug free, so please don't blame me.
>
> Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks. Great. I use the panel in vertical mode, and the load monitor
looks ugly in it. Too much horizontal space around a single vertical bar
I don't know if there are API-hooks to check the orientation of the panel,
but it would be nice, if the meter would adapt to the orientation of the
panel. If it can't be done automatically, make it a configuration option.
As a workaround, I changed the label from "cpu" to "cpu load" to fill
the horizontal emptiness.

[e]

p.s. Similarity to other two email sent to the list this is purely
coincidental :)

>e at hq.sk<                   /(bb|[^b]{2})/                 >http://hq.sk/~euro<
        "always know what you say, but do not always say what you know"