Battery monitor for the XFce4 Panel

Juraj Ziegler e at hq.sk
Wed Jul 9 00:11:15 CEST 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 02:32:22AM -0700, toth64 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Since I use Linux on my laptop, I wanted a battery
> monitor plugin for the panel and since there wasn't
> one, I decided to write one ;)  I figured others out
> there running Linux on their laptop may be interested
> in it too. It's fairly simple, just a progress bar
> displayed on the panel with support for displaying a
> warning message or running a command when the battery
> level reaches certain levels.
>
> The source code for this plugin can be found at
> http://www.moongroup.com/xfce4-battmon-0.1.0.tar.gz

Thanks. Great. I use the panel in vertical mode, and the battery monitor
looks fine in it. However, it looks bad in the horizontal mode. Too wide, and
mostly too much vertical space (compared to the width of the meter). I don't
know if there are API-hooks to check the orientation of the panel, but it
would be nice, if the meter would adapt to the orientation of the panel.
If it can't be done automatically, make it a configuration option.

[e]

>e at hq.sk<                   /(bb|[^b]{2})/                 >http://hq.sk/~euro<
        "always know what you say, but do not always say what you know"