Possible panel tweaks (Was: Re: Random thoughts about release)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Jul 8 22:10:41 CEST 2003

On 08 Jul 2003 21:55:01 +0200
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 16:03, Biju Chacko wrote:
> > On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:50:51 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > No changes (even minor ones) until after 4.0 release, IMO.
>
> I tend to agree, but not for the same reason. Hiding the button but
> keeping it hidden sounds like a hack.

Sure, hiding the functionality, but keeping the API is a hack.

It doesn't feel right to change API now. One reason for doing it is that
people might start using the API more and we probably won't (shouldn't)
change it until 4.2. It is easier to change the API when it has had the
least anount of exposure.

I'm quite undecided about the best course of action here. What do you
think?

	Jasper

PS
The API change would consist of dropping one argument from a function
call. I can change it for all modules in our CVS myself easily.