Session manager in CVS

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Jul 8 14:20:12 CEST 2003

On Tue, 08, Jul 2003, Biju Chacko wrote:

> >/me is silently hoping we will sneak in the session manager into
> >the release anyway ;-)
> >
> >Oh, I'm sorry, that is a totally irresponsible thing to say as a core
> >developer. Regard it as a slip of the keyboard.
>
> Jasper! You ought to be ashamed of yourself!
> /me hopes nobody realises he was thinking the same thing.

/me knows that the session manager is not yet ready. It works fine in
most situations, but it still lacks basic functionality
(restart style hints, discarding session data, etc.). Most annouying
bug: SaveYourself request do not time out yet (I hope to fix this
soon).

Anyway: Everybody can use the session manager, if he/she wants to. Its
just that I don't consider it to be ready for release yet.

Just my 0.02$...

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/