RC1 (beta3) release notes

toth64 at yahoo.com toth64 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 15:14:59 CEST 2003

--- edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:
> El lun, 07-07-2003 a las 03:48, Jasper Huijsmans
> escribió:
> > On 06 Jul 2003 18:42:34 -0500
> > edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:
> > >
> > > * the double treeview panel position is saved
> from session to session
> >
> > Is this the twopaned view? I thought it wasn't in
> our release? If it is,
> > is it a build or runtime option?
>
> Due to the design of treeviews, it turned out to be
> much simpler than
> expected (after all, there had to be some advantage
> of the slower
> GtkTreeView over GtkCTree). But you have to look for
> the double pane if
> you want it, either by resizing the pane or by
> pressing Tab in the
> treeview. It has been functional since beta1.

That's cool, I didn't know that either. Is it planned
for 4.2 to have the second pane display only the
contents of the selected folder in the first? Such
that it works much like other file managers like
Nautilus and Explorer? Xffm is great now, but would be
just about perfect with that addition :)

-Nick Penwarden