RC1 (beta3) release notes

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Jul 7 01:42:16 CEST 2003

El dom, 06-07-2003 a las 15:59, Jasper Huijsmans escribió:
> Hey all,
>
> Suposing we would actually try and make that RC1 release, what has
> changed between our releases (it seems there were no actual release
> notes for beta2)?
>
> Right now I have this:
>
> Changes between rc1 and beta2:
> * The panel has a new 'separator' item
> * One more theme for xfwm4 in xfce4-extras
>
> Changes between beta2 and beta1
> * major improvements in Xinerama support
> * new themes for the panel, based on SVG icons
> * new packages have been added from xfce4-extras :
>   - xfce4-sytray : a notification area for the panel
>   - xfce4-themes : icon themes for the panel
> * the panel is not focused anymore, by default, when you switch the
>   focus using Alt+Tab keyboard shorcut
> * the panel now allows you to specify a directory as launcher, that
>   opens up the file manager (xffm) directly on it
> * new UI layout for the mcs settings dialogs, much better looking
> * xfce4-tips now includes several usefull "tips and tricks"
> * several bug-fixes for Solaris
>
> What else is there? Library changes? important bugs fixed (xfwm4)?

for xffm, changes since beta2:
* keyboard navigation with letters now enters subdirectories and wraps
at end.
* the double treeview panel position is saved from session to session
* text on input boxes no longer preselected
* the tab button works to move between two treeviews
* fixed cosmetic bug on unmount fixed
* columns are now reorderable by dragging column header
* fixed cosmetic bug when changing icon sizes
* fixed cosmetic bug on go-back function after double clicking on ".."
* improved goto, run, open-with, and ask-output-dir combos with text
completion with suggestions pondered by:
     1-Single last item selected
     2-Items selected the most occasions
     3-The time items were selected

I also wanted to use text colours when the "no icons" theme is selected
to allow for a faster handling, but I forgot how to set colours for
texts.

regards

Edscott